Kauai Hiking Tips:
- Always tell someone where you are hiking, when you plan to hike and when you will be returning
- Never hike alone
- Get information about the trail and learn your route before you start
- Know your level of fitness and pick a trail that matches your fitness level
- Check weather conditions
- Wear proper clothing. Wearing a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen is recommended as well as a light jacket. Kauai’s weather can change quickly
- Wear proper shoes. Hiking boots offer traction and ankle support. Kauai’s trails are muddy and slippery and can cause injury.
Popular Hiking Trails
Kauai offers many hiking trails throughout the island. These are a few of the popular hiking trails.
Haena – Hanakapiai Trail
Haena – Kalalau Trail (on the Na Pali Coast)
Wailua – Sleeping Giant Trail
Wailua – Moalepe Trail
Poipu – Mahaulepu Heritage Coastal Trail
Waimea Canyon – Waimea Canyon Trail
Kokee State Park – Pihea Trail, Alakai Swamp
Kokee State Park – Waipoo Falls Waimea Canyon
For more information on these trails and more visit, the Kauai Explorer website or visit the Kauai State Parks website.